hadoop-user mailing list archives

From German Florez-Larrahondo <german...@samsung.com>
Subject RE: In hadoop All racks belongs to same subnet !
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 13:03:17 GMT
If you want to learn more about the networking on small to mid-size production sites, I recommend
you do a search for “Hadoop reference architectures”.

As an example, a good source of information is  here:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20353010.aspx

(I’m not sponsoring any specific distro or vendor, you can as well read more about HP’s
Hortonworks reference architecture, Intel’s own Hadoop distro,  or MapR’s for example)

./g

From: Stanley Shi [mailto:sshi@gopivotal.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:48 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: In hadoop All racks belongs to same subnet !

There's no limitation on same-subnet.

Regards,

Stanley Shi,

  <http://www.gopivotal.com/files/media/logos/pivotal-logo-email-signature.png>

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 1:31 PM, navaz <navaz.enc@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all

Question regarding hadoop architecture . Generally in hadoop cluster nodes are placed in racks
and all the nodes connected to top of the rack switch . And all these top of the rack switch
connected by another switch or router ?

Is all nodes in the cluster belong to same subnet ? Or  hdfs write & read has to pass
through internet ?

Regards

Navaz

--