hadoop-user mailing list archives

From sudhakara st <sudhakara...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hdfs compatibility
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 18:10:45 GMT
Hello Anfernee,

Actually this not data migrations !! . It is upgrade. If you have to
cluster older one 0.21.0 with data and another one 2.2.0 is new. Then if
want to copy data from older to newer then it is data migration, i doesn't
require any extra care just copy data. if want change in the same old
cluster then you have to follow upgrade steps
please  refer these:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hadoop_Upgrade
The Hadoop definitive guide - Tom white 3rd edition page -360
http://hortonworks.com/blog/running-existing-applications-on-hadoop-2-yarn/

--

Regards,
...sudhakara