hadoop-user mailing list archives

From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject very long timeout on failed RM connect
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:44:43 GMT
Our application (running outside the Hadoop cluster) connects to the RM through YarnClient.
 This works fine, except we've found that if the RM address or port is misconfigured in our
software, or a firewall blocks access, the first call into the client (in this case getNodeReports)
hangs for a very long time.  I've tried
                conf.set("ipc.client.connect.max.retries", "2");
But this doesn't help.  Is there a configuration setting I can make on the YarnClient that
will reduce this hang time?
I understand why this long-winded retry strategy exists, in order to prevent a highly-loaded
cluster from failing jobs.  But it is not appropriate for an interactive application.
Thanks
John