hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Chirag Dewan <chirag.de...@ericsson.com>
Subject RE: Wrong FS hdfs:/localhost:9000 ;expected file///
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2014 02:50:48 GMT
Hi All,

Thanks a lot everyone for the quick response.

I got that working by putting HADOOP_CONF_DIR in the classpath.

Thanks.

Chirag Dewan

From: Shumin Guo [mailto:gsmsteve@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:50 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Wrong FS hdfs:/localhost:9000 ;expected file///

The value should be hdfs:///localhost:<port>
On Feb 24, 2014 6:37 AM, "Chirag Dewan" <chirag.dewan@ericsson.com<mailto:chirag.dewan@ericsson.com>>
wrote:
Hi All,

I am new to hadoop. I am using hadoop 2.2.0. I have a simple client code which reads a file
from HDFS on a single node cluster. Now when I run my code using java -jar mytest.jar it throws
the error Wrong FS hdfs://localhost.

When I run the same code with hadoop jar test.jar it works just fine.
I have my core-site.xml with fs.default.name<http://fs.default.name> as hdfs://localhost

Am I missing some classpath dependency here?

Thanks in advance.

Chirag Dewan