hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Marco Shaw <marco.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Best class for currency
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2014 22:58:49 GMT
(If code is required, I can send it along later.)

I'm a beginner and I'm having issues with MR when trying to read values of the form 99.99.

I'm reading up as much as I can. I wanted to try to use Java's types to determine whether
to use a DoubleWritable or FloatWritable, but after some research, Java seems to recommend
against using either of these for representing currency.

I'm using the FileInputFormat class which I understand defaults to a LongWritable,Text <K,V>
pair.

What Hadoop data type should I use with my Driver section/Job class to work with currency?

I've tried FloatWritable and DoubleWritable and my output always ends up as String,Number.0
in the output file ("something[tab]55.0", for example, when I know 55.0 is wrong).

Marco