hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Bentsen ...@bentzn.com>
Subject Re: change the Yarn application container memory size when it is running
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 18:28:53 GMT
I am no Yarn expert at all - in fact I have never run it. I am still an
absolute beginner with Hadoop.
But... Provided Yarn is running in _one_ VM (java process) and does not
fork processes on the OS you can not change the memsettings once it's
started.
But why would you want to change it? The JVM is able to use more or less
memory as needed if you set the startup params Xmx and Xms correctly.
Just be careful not to overallocate with Xmx in different processes at
the same time. Can do weird things when it starts using swap.

best
/th