hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Raj Hadoop <hadoop...@yahoo.com>
Subject Add few record(s) to a Hive table or a HDFS file on a daily basis
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 02:45:29 GMT

Hi,

My requirement is a typical Datawarehouse and ETL requirement. I need to accomplish

1) Daily Insert transaction records to a Hive table or a HDFS file. This table or file is
not a big table ( approximately 10 records per day). I don't want to Partition the table /
file.

I am reading a few articles on this. It was being mentioned that we need to load to a staging
table in Hive. And then insert like the below :

insertoverwrite tablefinaltable select*fromstaging;

I am not getting this logic. How should I populate the staging table daily.

Thanks,
Raj