hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Alkahtani <m.alkaht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Switch and configure single node and cluster XML configuration
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 17:06:14 GMT
Find this tutorial for install a multi-node cluster

http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-multi-node-cluster/
In hdfs-site.xml you don't need to specify the address for secondary node, you write the address
in the file slave

Regards,
Mohammad Alkahtani

> On 10 Jan 2014, at 04:36 pm, Michael Bremen <sjp12012a@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> HI,
>
> I have a workstation and a laptop. I have installed 2.1.1 release on both computers.
Now I want to test single node and cluster setup. I am attaching the conf/core-site.xml and
conf/hdfs-site.xml. The network topology is as follows

> Workstation connected to router via ethernet.
> Laptop connected to router via wireless.
> SSH ( without pass phrase ) working between the two.
>
> LAN broadcast ip : 192.168.0.0
> Workstation will act as the master in cluster setup with ip: 192.168.0.101
> Laptop ip: 192.168.0.103
> Operating systems : Ubuntu 13.04 distribution of Linux operating system.
>
> I have commented the hdfs-site.xml properties for switching between single node and cluster
setup.

> Problems :
> 1. In single node configuration ( Datanode and secondary Namenode successfully working)
Namenode failed to start on the workstation.
> 2. In cluster node configuration, the secondary name node is on laptop. The master script
( start-dfs.sh ) tries to start the secondary name node on the laptop with IP address 192.168.0.0
instead of 192.168.0.103 hence failed to connect to port 22. ( using 192.168.0.0:22 instead
of 192.168.0.103:22).