hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Larry McCay <lmc...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: HDP 2.0 REST API
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:02:42 GMT
As you can see from the response - you are missing the operation from the
parameters.
See the API docs available:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.0.4/webhdfs.html

For an example see the following:

curl -i  " http://dc-bigdata5.bateswhite.com:50070/webhdfs/v1/tmp?op=GETFILESTATUS"

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 7:53 AM, Clay McDonald <
stuart.mcdonald@bateswhite.com> wrote:

> Hello, I'm attempting to access hdfs from my browser, but when I goto the
> URL http:// http://dc-bigdata5.bateswhite.com:50070/webhdfs/v1/
>

> I get the following error;
>

> {"RemoteException":{"exception":"UnsupportedOperationException","javaClassName":"java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException","message":"op=NULL
> is not supported"}}
>

> Any ideas???
>

> Thanks,
>
> *Clay McDonald*
> Database Administrator
>
> Bates White, LLC
> 1300 Eye St, NW, Suite 600 East
> Washington, DC 20005
> Main: 202.408.6110
> Cell: 202.560.4101
> Direct: 202.747.5962
> Email: clay.mcdonald@bateswhite.com

> This electronic message transmission contains information from Bates
> White, LLC, which may be confidential or privileged. The information is
> intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you
> are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
> distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.
>
> If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify
> me by telephone at 202.747.5962 or by electronic mail at
> clay.mcdonald@bateswhite.com immediately.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE