hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Karthigai Muthu <karthik.innovativet...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop-2.2.0 Integration with Cassandra Using Pig
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 12:43:54 GMT
Dear all

      We have been set up the hadoop-2.2.0 four node cluster and cassandra
also running in four nodes as the underlying storage for hadoop. In fact we
tried to perform the mapreduce operation for the data stored in cassandra
using pig-0.12.0. But we have encounter some bugs like some class in
hadoop-1.x is changed to interface in hadoop-2.x refer the screen shot for
more information. Further we referred some blogs and post in the Internet,
We believe that the cassandra issue CASSANDRA-5201 is addressing the same
issue which we are encountering and given below.
Please some one would suggest a feasible solution for this issue.

Exception in thread "main" *java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found
interface org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext, but class was expected*
    at
org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.AbstractColumnFamilyOutputFormat.checkOutputSpecs(AbstractColumnFamilyOutputFormat.java:75)
    at
org.apache.pig.newplan.logical.rules.InputOutputFileValidator$InputOutputFileVisitor.visit(InputOutputFileValidator.java:80)
    at
org.apache.pig.newplan.logical.relational.LOStore.accept(LOStore.java:66)
    at
org.apache.pig.newplan.DepthFirstWalker.depthFirst(DepthFirstWalker.java:64)
    at
org.apache.pig.newplan.DepthFirstWalker.depthFirst(DepthFirstWalker.java:66)
    at
org.apache.pig.newplan.DepthFirstWalker.depthFirst(DepthFirstWalker.java:66)
    at
org.apache.pig.newplan.DepthFirstWalker.depthFirst(DepthFirstWalker.java:66)
    at
org.apache.pig.newplan.DepthFirstWalker.depthFirst(DepthFirstWalker.java:66)
    at
org.apache.pig.newplan.DepthFirstWalker.depthFirst(DepthFirstWalker.java:66)
    at
org.apache.pig.newplan.DepthFirstWalker.walk(DepthFirstWalker.java:53)
    at org.apache.pig.newplan.PlanVisitor.visit(PlanVisitor.java:52)
    at
org.apache.pig.newplan.logical.rules.InputOutputFileValidator.validate(InputOutputFileValidator.java:45)
    at
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.HExecutionEngine.compile(HExecutionEngine.java:303)
    at org.apache.pig.PigServer.compilePp(PigServer.java:1380)
    at
org.apache.pig.PigServer.executeCompiledLogicalPlan(PigServer.java:1305)
    at org.apache.pig.PigServer.execute(PigServer.java:1297)
    at org.apache.pig.PigServer.access$400(PigServer.java:122)
    at org.apache.pig.PigServer$Graph.registerQuery(PigServer.java:1630)
    at org.apache.pig.PigServer.registerQuery(PigServer.java:575)
    at org.apache.pig.PigServer.registerQuery(PigServer.java:588)
    at PigCassandra.runMyQuery(PigCassandra.java:54)
    at PigCassandra.main(PigCassandra.java:18)

Thanks in advance
Karthigai Muthu.M