hadoop-user mailing list archives

From ricky l <rickylee0...@gmail.com>
Subject making yarn-site.xml file modification effect without restarting daemons
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 16:39:44 GMT
Hi all,

After changing the configuration value of yarn-site.xml, can I make the
modifications in effect without restarting all daemons? More specifically,
after I modify "yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb" value, I want to make
the change in-effect without restarting node manager.
In addition, can I specify how much memory a container has to be assigned
per request basis? "yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb" value in
yarn-site.xml seems to apply to all container request, and I want to have
different memory allocation for different application. thanks in advance.