hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Ognen Duzlevski <og...@nengoiksvelzud.com>
Subject Configuring hadoop 2.2.0
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 19:22:56 GMT
Hello,

I have set up an HDFS cluster by running a name node and a bunch of data
nodes. I ran into a problem where the files are only stored on the node
that uses the hdfs command and was told that this is because I do not have
a job tracker and task nodes set up.

However, the documentation for 2.2.0 does not mention any of these (at
least not this page:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/ClusterSetup.html).
I browsed some of the earlier docs and they do mention job tracker nodes
etc.

So, for 2.2.0 - what is the way to set this up? Do I need a separate
machine to be the "job tracker"? Did this job tracker node change its name
to something else in the current docs?

Thanks,
Ognen