hadoop-user mailing list archives

From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject RE: Container's completion issue
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 15:41:19 GMT
Are you creating any children?  Changing the process group?  If so, you may fool the NM into
not tracking your child process.
john

From: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli [mailto:vinodkv@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:22 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org; REYANE OUKPEDJO
Subject: Re: Container's completion issue

Can you paste the trace for this container on the NodeManager? Specifically any exception
messages.

+Vinod

On Jan 21, 2014, at 12:00 PM, REYANE OUKPEDJO <r.oukpedjo@yahoo.com<mailto:r.oukpedjo@yahoo.com>>
wrote:

It is my own custom application. But looking at the Resource manager's logs , the container
completed as normal with exit code of 0 . This is really weird to me.

On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:17 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@hortonworks.com<mailto:vinodkv@hortonworks.com>>