hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Michael Bremen <sjp120...@gmail.com>
Subject Switch and configure single node and cluster XML configuration
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 13:36:19 GMT
HI,

I have a workstation and a laptop. I have installed 2.1.1 release on
both computers. Now I want to test single node and cluster setup. I am
attaching the conf/core-site.xml and conf/hdfs-site.xml. The network
topology is as follows

Workstation connected to router via ethernet.
Laptop connected to router via wireless.
SSH ( without pass phrase ) working between the two.

LAN broadcast ip : 192.168.0.0
Workstation will act as the master in cluster setup with ip: 192.168.0.101
Laptop ip: 192.168.0.103
Operating systems : Ubuntu 13.04 distribution of Linux operating system.

I have commented the hdfs-site.xml properties for switching between
single node and cluster setup.

Problems :
1. In single node configuration ( Datanode and secondary Namenode
successfully working) Namenode failed to start on the workstation.
2. In cluster node configuration, the secondary name node is on laptop.
The master script ( start-dfs.sh ) tries to start the secondary name
node on the laptop with IP address 192.168.0.0 instead of 192.168.0.103
hence failed to connect to port 22. ( using 192.168.0.0:22 instead of
192.168.0.103:22).

Am I configuring the hdfs-site.xml correct ?

Thanks.