hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Keith Wiley <kwi...@keithwiley.com>
Subject Re: Force one mapper per machine (not core)?
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 18:53:48 GMT
Hmmm, okay.  I thought that logic all acted at the level of "slots".  I didn't realize it could
make "node" distinctions.  Thanks for the tip.

On Jan 29, 2014, at 05:18 , java8964 wrote:

> Or you can implement your own InputSplit and InputFormat, which you can control how to
send tasks to which node, and how many per node.

> Some detail examples you can get from book "Professional Hadoop Solution" Character 4.
>
> Yong

"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches
me to suspect that my own is also."
                                           --  Mark Twain