hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Bentsen ...@bentzn.com>
Subject Re: Starting... -help needed
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 19:53:48 GMT
I did try the 1.2 release and that worked right out of the box -
positive surprise.

For 2.2.0 I followed:

hadoop.apache.org > 'Getting Started' > 'Learn about'
 - bring up a page that tells about 'What's new in 2.2.0'

> Single Node Setup (in the left menu)
 - tells me that I should do something to 'the MapReduce tarball from
the release'  ?

> Cluster Setup (also left menu)
 - mentions the conf directory under 'Running Hadoop in Non-Secure Mode'

Since I would like to at least give the cluster setup a spin before
going any further that's where I stopped.

I just noticed that the menu-listing - just under the Hadoop logo - is
'Apache > Hadoop > Apache Hadoop Project Dist POM > Apache Hadoop
2.1.1-beta'

Maybe some links need changing?