hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Atish Kathpal <atish.kath...@gmail.com>
Subject Running Hadoop v2 clustered mode MR on an NFS mounted filesystem
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 10:27:32 GMT
Hello

The picture below describes the deployment architecture I am trying to
achieve.
However, when I run the wordcount example code with the below
configuration, by issuing the command from the master node, I notice only
the master node spawning map tasks and completing the submitted job. Below
is the command I used:

*hadoop jar
/hduser/hadoop/share/hadoop/mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.2.0.jar
wordcount -fs local -jt local /hduser/mount_point/  /results*

*Question: How can I leverage both the hadoop nodes for running MR, while
serving my data from the common NFS mount point running my filesystem at
the backend? Has any one tried such a setup before?*
[image: Inline image 1]

Thanks!