hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: External db
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2013 13:42:21 GMT
you're question doesn't make any sense. Did you mean to ask

What is the benefit of NoSql databases like Cassandra, HBase and MongoDB?
Isn't that like asking "why do we need SqlServer and Oracle when we have
NTFS?"

The first thing is Nosql databases are generally grouped by 3 categories:
document (aka couchdb and mongodb), column (cassandra and hbase) and graph
(neo4j).

There's a lot of talks and blogs out there, I would suggest spend a week
and read. Google is your friend.