hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Silvina Caíno Lores <silvi.ca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to obtain the exception actually failed the job on Mapper or Reducer at runtime?
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 07:43:12 GMT
Hi,

You can check the userlogs directory where the job and attempt logs are
stored. For each attempt you should have a stderr, stdout and syslog file.
The first two hold the program output for each stream (useful for debug
purposes), while the last contains execution details provided by the
platform.

Hope it helps.
Best,
Silvina