hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Chris Mawata <chris.maw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Would it be possible to install two version of Hadoop on the same cluster?
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:04:17 GMT
If you are planning to take measurements when both are running they
won't be representative of either one. For instance, your network could
look like a bottleneck when both are running even if it could handle
each one on its own. Datanodes that would have had capacity allowing
local processing might not have capacity because they are servicing the
other cluster etc. I would test them one at a time.
Chris