hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Ian Jackson <Ian_Jack...@trilliumsoftware.com>
Subject RE: hadoop-2 on windows How To ?
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2013 14:13:05 GMT
You need to build it from source.

I believe that you want to skip the tests. By using:

mvn package -Pdist,native-win -DskipTests -Dtar This is based on "{ Could not find artifact
org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-common:jar:tests:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT in apache.snapshots.https (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots)"

I was able to build base Abhijit Ghosh's post "Build, Install, Configure and Run Apache Hadoop
2.2.0 in Microsoft Windows OS" http://www.srccodes.com/p/article/38/build-install-configure-run-apache-hadoop-2.2.0-microsoft-windows-os

From: Adam Diaz [mailto:adiaz@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 9:00 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: hadoop-2 on windows How To ?

HDP 2.0 for Windows isnt out yet. HDInsight based upon 2.0 isnt out yet either.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM, Joy George <JoyG@orioninc.com<mailto:JoyG@orioninc.com>>
wrote:
May be my bad googling skills. I searched a lot but didn't get a good point which explains
how to install Hadoop 2 in windows

There is HDInsight for Windows 7 but it uses Hadoop 1.# versions.

Joy George K
Jr.Architect
Orion India Systems Pvt. Ltd.
103, Tejomaya, L&T Tech Park, Infopark, Kusumagiri-PO, Kakkanad, Kochi - 682030
Desk: +91 484 6616384<tel:%2B91%20484%206616384>  | Cell: +91 95444 00706<tel:%2B91%2095444%2000706>
 | Ext 384  | Email :  joyg@orioninc.com<mailto:%7Cemail@orioninc.com>
www.orioninc.com<http://www.orioninc.com/> | Delivering trusted solutions to our clients
for over 2 decades