hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Ascot Moss <ascot.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Start and Stop Namenode
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2013 03:07:49 GMT
Hi,

I am new to 2.2.0, after running the following command to start the first namenode, I used
jps to check the cluster:

./sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --script hdfs start namenode
	starting namenode, logging to /usr/local/hadoop/yarn/hadoop//logs/hadoop-hduser-namenode-hd01.emblocsoft.net.out
jps
	3405 Jps
	3132 DataNode

The name of ID 3132 is DataNode, is this correct as I expected something like "3132 NameNode"?
does it mean that the following two commands are doing the same thing in 2.2.0?

		./sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --script hdfs start namenode
	./sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --script hdfs start datanode

regards