hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Salman Toor <salman.t...@it.uu.se>
Subject C++ example for hadoop-2.2.0
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2013 22:31:46 GMT
Hi,

I am quite new to the Hadoop world, previously was running hadoop-1.2.0 stable version on
my small cluster and encountered some strange problems like the local path to the mapper
file didn't copy to the hdfs .... It works fine on the single node setup but on multiple node
simple word-count python example didn't work...  I read on the blog that it might be the problem
in the version I am using. So I thought to change the version and downloaded the Hadoop 2.2.0.
This version has yarn together with many new features that I hope I will learn in the future.
Now simple wordcount example works without any problem on the multi-node setup. I am using
simple python example.

Now I would like to compile my C++ code. Since the directory structure together with other
things have been changed. I have started to get the following error:

----------------
/urs/bin/ld:  skipping incompatible /home/sztoor/hadoop-2.2.0/lib/native/libhadooputils.a
when searching -lhadooputils
cannot find -lhadooputils

 /urs/bin/ld:  skipping incompatible /home/sztoor/hadoop-2.2.0/lib/native/libhadooppipes.a
when searching -lhadooppipes
cannot find -lhadooppipes
------------------

I have managed to run the c++ example successfully with the 1.2.0 version on single node setup.

I am having 64bit Ubuntu machine. previously I was using Linux-amd64-64

Now in new version, "lib" and "include" directories are in the hadoop-2.2.0 directory. No
build.xml is available...

Can someone please give me an example of a makefile based on the version 2.2.0? Or suggest
me which version I should go for? Or if there are some prerequisites that I should do before
compiling my code?

Thanks in advance.

Regards..
Salman.