hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Yarn never use TeraSort#TotalOrderPartitioner when run TeraSort job?
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 21:03:28 GMT
Apologies for the late response.

In hadoop-2 TeraSort uses the new org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce apis (not org.apache.hadoop.mapred).

Did you fiddle with the right TotalOrderPartitioner i.e. org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TotalOrderPartitioner?

Arun

On Oct 17, 2013, at 8:12 PM, sam liu <samliuhadoop@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's really weird and confusing me. Anyone can help this question?
>
> Thanks!
>

> 2013/10/16 sam liu <samliuhadoop@gmail.com>
> Hi Experts,
>
> In Hadoop-2.0.4, the TeraSort leverage TeraSort#TotalOrderPartitioner as its Partitioner:
'job.setPartitionerClass(TotalOrderPartitioner.class);'. However, seems Yarn did not execute
the methods of TeraSort#TotalOrderPartitioner at all. I did some tests to verify it as below:

> Test 1: Add some code in the method readPartitions() and setConf() in TeraSort#TotalOrderPartitioner
to print some words and write some word to a file.
> Expected Result: Some words should be printed and wrote into a file
> Actual Result: No word was printed and wrote into a file at all
>
> Test 2: Remove all existing methods in TeraSort#TotalOrderPartitioner, but only remaining
some necessary but empty methods in it

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.