hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Jens Scheidtmann <jens.scheidtm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to best decide mapper output/reducer input for a huge string?
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2013 11:00:20 GMT
Dear Pavan,

If it was working well, runtime would be shorter. What makes you sure this
is Hbase or Hadoop related? What percentage of time is spent in your
algorithms?

Use System.getTimeMillies() and run your program on the first 100,000
Records single threaded and print to stdout. See were time is
spent.Estimate total runtime from that, see if there is a speed-up.

Jens