hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Islam <misla...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: mapred Configuration Vs mapReduce configuration in Ooozie
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 22:24:26 GMT
Hi Kay,
Do you want to use the new hadoop API?
If yes, did you check this link ?
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOZIE/Map+Reduce+Cookbook

"CASE-2: RUNNING MAPREDUCE USING THE NEW HADOOP API"

For your second questions,
I don't know any good such link. But this could be helpful :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10986633/hadoop-configuration-mapred-vs-mapreduce

Regards,
Mohammad

________________________________
 From: KayVajj <vajjalak009@gmail.com>
To: cdh-user@cloudera.org; "common-user@hadoop.apache.org" <user@hadoop.apache.org>

Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 2:39 PM
Subject: mapred Configuration Vs mapReduce configuration in Ooozie

I am implementing an oozie workflow MR job . I was not sure if I have to use the mapred properties
vs the mapreduce properties.

I have seen that if mapreduce properties were to be used, it has to be set explicitly like

JobConf.setUseNewMapper(boolean flag)

How do I do the same in Oozie?

Also another question, if I were to use the new properties where do I find the property names
like "mapreduce.job.inputformat.class" These seem to be hidden in some private API.

Thanks your answers are appreciated.