hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Conf properties
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 05:14:08 GMT
There isn't a major difference between 1.x releases enough to warrant
a specific configuration change as the release is mostly a minor
upgrade (as compared to upgrading to 2.x). If you are looking to  find
general tuning advice from other users, perhaps sharing your
deployment, use-case and hardware details along with existing
configuration may help them suggest something you're missing.

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Viswanathan J
<jayamviswanathan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Harsh,
>
> Appreciate your response.
>
> On Aug 27, 2013 8:58 AM, "Viswanathan J" <jayamviswanathan@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Appreciate the response.
>>
>> On Aug 27, 2013 7:47 AM, "Viswanathan J" <jayamviswanathan@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> As we are upgrading the hdfs cluster with Apache hadoop 1.2.1, what are
>>> the key Conf properties that's to be configure for hdfs,MR and Job tracker
>>> as well as any best practices.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Viswa.J

--