hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Ravi Kiran <ravikiranmag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Writing multiple tables from reducer
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 03:11:22 GMT
I have written a blog on this a while ago where I was writing to multiple
tables from my mapper class. You can look into it at
http://bigdatabuzz.wordpress.com/2012/04/24/how-to-write-to-multiple-hbase-tables-in-a-mapreduce-job/

Key things are,
a) job.setOutputFormatClass (MultiTableOutputFormat.class);
b) In your reducer , you would stick with the if else to write to the
corresponding HBase tables.

Thanks
Ravi Magham