hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Sambit Tripathy <sambi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hardware Selection for Hadoop
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 00:53:06 GMT
I understand.

But sometimes there is a lock-in with a particular vendor and you are not
allowed to put the servers inside corporate data center if they are
procured from some another vendor.

The idea is to start from basic and then grow. You can tell me some numbers
in $s if you have, preferred ;), I know sometimes there are no correct
answers.

I got a quote of $4200 for  6 X 2 TB hard disk JBOD, 2 quad cores, 24-48 GB
RAM. Vendor: HP. Does this sound ok for this configuration?