hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Chris Embree <cemb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: the options that used to tuning mapreduceV1 is still useful for YARN?
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 03:08:35 GMT
<Humor>
Steps to Hadoop 2.x documentation.
1. Realize reality,
2. Smoke 2-3 long joints, depending on tolerance levels
3. Review the code...
4. Allow the THC to take effect and view the code in a new light
5. Understand what the developers have said
6. Code mind beautiful patches to base code
7. crash
8. wake up and review submissions
9. Be amazed at the code you created and the fans that are proclaiming your
attributes.
10. Adjust your perspective on life, software development and your views of
the world.
11. (Because it goes to 11) Realize reality,
</Humor>

C'mon guys.  If we don't laugh we'll start crying.. and there is no crying
in Hadoop.