hadoop-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Irfan Sayed <irfu.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about replication
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 11:56:09 GMT
thanks.
however, i need this to be working on windows environment as project
requirement.
i will add/work on Linux later

so, now , at this stage , c:\\wksp is the HDFS file system OR do i need to
create it from command line ?

please suggest

regards,



On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Mohammad Tariq <dontariq@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Irfan,
>
> Sorry for being unresponsive. Got stuck with some imp work.
>
> HDFS webUI doesn't provide us the ability to create file or directory. You
> can browse HDFS, view files, download files etc. But operation like create,
> move, copy etc are not supported.
>
> These values look fine to me.
>
> One suggestion though. Try getting a Linux machine(if possible). Or at
> least use a VM. I personally feel that using Hadoop on windows is always
> messy.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> cloudfront.blogspot.com
>
>
> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM, Irfan Sayed <irfu.sayed@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> thanks.
>> when i browse the file system , i am getting following :
>> i haven't seen any make directory option there
>>
>> i need to create it from command line ?
>> further, in the hdfs-site.xml file , i have given following entries. are
>> they correct ?
>>
>> <property>
>>   <name>dfs.data.dir</name>
>>   <value>c:\\wksp</value>
>>   </property>
>> <property>
>>   <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
>>   <value>c:\\wksp</value>
>>   </property>
>>
>> please suggest
>>
>>
>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 12:40 PM, manish dunani <manishd207@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> *You are wrong at this:*
>>>
>>> Administrator@DFS-DC /cygdrive/c/hadoop-1.1.2/hadoop-1.1.2/bin
>>> $ ./hadoop dfs -copyFromLocal
>>> /cygdrive/c/Users/Administrator/Desktop/hadoop-1.1.2.tar /wksp
>>> copyFromLocal: File
>>> /cygdrive/c/Users/Administrator/Desktop/hadoop-1.1.2.tar does not exist.
>>>
>>> Administrator@DFS-DC /cygdrive/c/hadoop-1.1.2/hadoop-1.1.2/bin
>>> $ ./hadoop dfs -copyFromLocal
>>> /cygdrive/c/Users/Administrator/Desktop/hadoop-1.1.2.tar.gz /wksp
>>> copyFromLocal: File
>>> /cygdrive/c/Users/Administrator/Desktop/hadoop-1.1.2.tar.gz does not exist.
>>>
>>> Because,You had wrote both the paths local and You need not to copy
>>> hadoop into hdfs...Hadoop is already working..
>>>
>>> Just check out in browser by after starting ur single node cluster :
>>>
>>> localhost:50070
>>>
>>> then go for browse the filesystem link in it..
>>>
>>> If there is no directory then make directory there.
>>> That is your hdfs directory.
>>> Then copy any text file there(no need to copy hadoop there).beacause u
>>> are going to do processing on that data in text file.That's why hadoop is
>>> used for ,first u need to make it clear in ur mind.Then and then u will do
>>> it...otherwise not possible..
>>>
>>> *Try this: *
>>>
>>> Administrator@DFS-DC /cygdrive/c/hadoop-1.1.2/hadoop-1.1.2
>>> $ .bin/hadoop dfs -copyFromLocal /full/local/path/to/ur/file
>>> /hdfs/directory/path
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Irfan Sayed <irfu.sayed@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>
>>>> thanks. yes , i am newbie.
>>>> however, i need windows setup.
>>>>
>>>> let me surely refer the doc and link which u sent but i need this to be
>>>> working ...
>>>> can you please help
>>>>
>>>> regards
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> MANISH DUNANI
>>> -THANX
>>> +91 9426881954,+91 8460656443
>>> manishd207@gmail.com
>>>
>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message