hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Devaraj k <devara...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: specify Mapred tasks and slots
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 03:04:51 GMT
One task can use only one slot, It cannot use more than one slot. If the task is Map task then
it will use one map slot and if the task is reduce task the it will use one reduce slot from
the configured ones.

Thanks
Devaraj k

From: Azuryy Yu [mailto:azuryyyu@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 August 2013 08:27
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: specify Mapred tasks and slots

My question is can I specify how many slots to be used for each M/R task?

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Shekhar Sharma <shekhar2581@gmail.com<mailto:shekhar2581@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Slots are decided upon the configuration of machines, RAM etc...

Regards,
Som Shekhar Sharma
+91-8197243810

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 7:19 AM, Azuryy Yu <azuryyyu@gmail.com<mailto:azuryyyu@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hi Dears,

Can I specify how many slots to use for reduce?

I know we can specify reduces tasks, but is there one task occupy one slot?

it it possible that one tak occupy more than one slot in Hadoop-1.1.2.

Thanks.