hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Botelho, Andrew" <Andrew.Bote...@emc.com>
Subject RE: CompositeInputFormat
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 22:02:56 GMT
Sorry I should've specified that I need an example of CompositeInputFormat that uses the new
API.
The example linked below uses old API objects like JobConf.

Any known examples of CompositeInputFormat using the new API?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

From: Jay Vyas [mailto:jayunit100@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:10 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: CompositeInputFormat

Map Side joins will use the CompositeInputFormat.  They will only really be worth doing if
one data set is small, and the other is large.
This is a good example : http://www.congiu.com/joins-in-hadoop-using-compositeinputformat/
the trick is to google for CompositeInputFormat.compose() .... :)

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Botelho, Andrew <Andrew.Botelho@emc.com<mailto:Andrew.Botelho@emc.com>>