hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Chris Embree <cemb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why Hadoop force using DNS?
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:45:22 GMT
Just for clarity,  DNS as a service is NOT Required.  Name resolution is.
 I use /etc/hosts files to identify all nodes in my clusters.

One of the reasons for using Names over IP's is ease of use.  I would much
rather use a hostname in my XML to identify NN, JT, etc. vs. some random
string of numbers.