hadoop-user mailing list archives

From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject Containers and CPU
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 15:56:36 GMT
I have YARN tasks that benefit from multicore scaling.  However, they don't *always* use more
than one core.  I would like to allocate containers based only on memory, and let each task
use as many cores as needed, without allocating exclusive CPU "slots" in the scheduler.  For
example, on an 8-core node with 16GB memory, I'd like to be able to run 3 tasks each consuming
4GB memory and each using as much CPU as they like.  Is this the default behavior if I don't
specify CPU restrictions to the scheduler?
Thanks
John