hadoop-user mailing list archives

From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject temporary folders for YARN tasks
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 20:37:48 GMT
When a YARN app and its tasks wants to write temporary files, how does it know where to write
the files?
I am assuming that each task has some temporary space available, and I hope it is available
across multiple disk volumes for parallel performance.
Are those files cleaned up automatically after task exit?
If I want to give lifetime control of the files to an auxiliary service (along the lines of
MR shuffle passing files to the aux service), how would I do that, and would that entail different
file locations?
Thanks
John