hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Devaraj k <devara...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: hive task fails when left semi join
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 07:37:17 GMT
Hi,
   In the given image, I see there are some failed/killed map& reduce task attempts. Could
you check why these are failing, you can check further based on the fail/kill reason.

Thanks
Devaraj k

From: kira.wang@xiaoi.com [mailto:kira.wang@xiaoi.com]
Sent: 16 July 2013 12:57
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: hive task fails when left semi join

Hello,

I am trying to filter out some records in a table in hive.
The number of lines in this table is 4billions+,
I make a left semi join between above table and a small table with 1k lines.

However, after 3 hours job running, it turns out a fail status.

My question are as follows,

1.     How could I address this problem and final solve it?

2.     Is there any other good methods could filter out records with give conditions?

The following picture is a snapshot of the failed job.
[cid:image001.jpg@01CE8225.6507BD90]