hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Omkar Joshi <Omkar.Jo...@lntinfotech.com>
Subject Eclipse plug-in for Hadoop
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 09:27:27 GMT
Hi,

I have Hadoop 1.0.4 version running on a remote cluster running of Ubuntu 12.04 Precise. I
have only the command-line access to the cluster machines via Putty etc.

Currently, any MR etc. code that I write using Eclipse running on my local Windows machine,
I have to build and ship the jar file to the remote cluster and execute it.

Now, I wish to add a plug-in on my local Eclipse which will allow me to execute my MR etc.
codes on the remote cluster(alike a Java program, a web application).

While I'm facing issues in building the jar from src/contrib/eclipse-plugin directory, is
my assumption, itself in the first place, correct - build the eclipse plug-in jar on the remote
cluster machine, ship it to the local eclipse and use it to run code on the same remote cluster?

Regards,
Omkar Joshi

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information
for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on
the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must
notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility
or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling
code in this e-mail"