hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Prashant Kommireddi <prash1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DFS Permissions on Hadoop 2.x
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:31:32 GMT
How can we resolve the issue in the case I have mentioned? File a MR Jira
that does not try to check permissions when dfs.permissions.enabled is set
to false?

The explanation that Tsz Wo (Nicholas) pointed out in the JIRA makes sense
w.r.t HDFS behavior (thanks for that). But I am still unsure how we can get
around the fact that certain permissions are set on shared directories by a
certain user that disallow any other users from using them. Or am I missing
something entirely?

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com>wrote:

> Just in case anyone is curious who didn't look at HDFS-4918, we
> established that this is actually expected behavior, and it's mentioned in
> the documentation.  However, I filed HDFS-4919 to make the information
> clearer in the documentation, since this caused some confusion.

> Chris Nauroth
> Hortonworks
> http://hortonworks.com/
>

> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Prashant Kommireddi <prash1784@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Thanks guys, I will follow the discussion there.
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Azuryy Yu <azuryyyu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, and I think this was lead by Snapshot.
>>>
>>> I've file a JIRA here:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-4918

and had a