hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Daryn Sharp <da...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: is time sync required among all nodes?
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 13:38:47 GMT
Time sync is always a good idea if for no other reason than being able to collate logs when
debugging.  Issues may also result if a client is expecting to reliably compare timestamps,
ex. checking if a file has been modified.  NTP is very easy to use.

Also of note: kerberos is very sensitive to clock skew if you intend to enable security.

Daryn