hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Vijaya Narayana Reddy Bhoomi Reddy <vijaya.bho...@huawei.com>
Subject Business Analysts in Hadoop World
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:20:24 GMT
Hi,

I am just trying to get myself acquainted with Hadoop and other related technologies. I am
very much fascinated with the potential of the Big Data world and hence would like to be part
of it!!
However, it has been a while I have done any coding. Earlier for a brief period of time during
early days of my career, I have done some work in Java. All these days, I am working as a
Business Analyst in the CRM space.

*         Before I start exploring Hadoop world, I would like to hear your thoughts on the
following queries:

*         Being a business analyst, what would be the possible career opportunities in the
Hadoop space?

*         Is it necessary to have a strong technical background before jumping into Hadoop?
If so, which technologies need to be learnt primarily? Java, SQL etc?

*         What are the various certifications available in the Hadoop world? Are there any
certifications for Business Analysts?

Please let me know your valuable thoughts.

Thanks
Vijay