hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Raj Hadoop <hadoop...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 17:57:42 GMT

But Tariq - /SD1/hadoop_data is in a separate group.

My hadoop is in group 'grp1'
Filesystem /SD1 is under group 'grp2'

As I have space under SD1, I want to use SD1 for hadoop.

so setting permissions like '755' on /SD1/hadoop_data -> will it work?

________________________________
From: Mohammad Tariq <dontariq@gmail.com>
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org" <user@hadoop.apache.org>; Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME

Change the permissions of /SD1/hadoop_data to 755 and restart the process.
Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com> wrote:
I have modified dfs.data.dir from the default value to another value which is outside 'HADOOP_HOME'
and it is >/SD1/hadoop_data.

location other than HADOOP HOMETo: user@hadoop.apache.org
>Thank you Pramod and Shahab.
>Warm Regards,
>Tariq
>cloudfront.blogspot.com
>
>On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM, Shahab Yunus <shahab.yunus@gmail.com> wrote:
>http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hdfs-default.html
>>dfs.data.dir ${hadoop.tmp.dir}/dfs/data Determines where on the local filesystem an
DFS data node should store its blocks. If this is a comma-delimited list of directories, then
data will be stored in all named directories, typically on different devices. Directories
that do not exist are ignored.
>>On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>Hi Tariq,
>>>
>>>What is the default value of dfs.data.dir? My hdfs-site.xml doesnt have this value
defined. So what is the default value?

>>>Thanks,
>>>Raj

way to do this. Add the "dfs.data.dir" property in your hdfs-site.xml and give the "path you
want to use for HDFS data storage" as its value. The directory pointed by hadoop.tmp.dir also
contains the metadata and some other temporary files, so it's always better to have a dedicated
location to store the actual HDFS data.
>>>Warm Regards,
>>>Tariq
>>>cloudfront.blogspot.com

in files from the one we create under HADOOP_HOME.

storage which are located at /app/software/app1 etc.,

Is it possible? Please advise.