hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Sandy Ryza <sandy.r...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: YARN in 0.23 vs 2.0
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 18:57:22 GMT
Hi John,

You are correct that both 0.23 and 2.0 contain YARN, and that 1.x does not.
 The (confusing) reason for this is that the 1.x line descends from the
0.20 line, while the 2.0 line descends from the 0.23 line.

-Sandy

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 11:46 AM, John Lilley <john.lilley@redpoint.net>wrote:

>     We will be programming to the YARN resource manager and scheduler in
> an upcoming project, but I am unclear regarding its level of integration in
> each version.****
>
> ** **
>
> Searching for, say, ApplicationSubmissionContext in versions of Hadoop, I see it in 0.23
and 2.0, but not in 1.0 or 1.1.  Does this mean that YARN is available as the ASM/RM in both
of these versions?  Was 1.0 and 1.1 skipped over?****