hadoop-user mailing list archives

From <schhajed....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where to begin from??
Date Sat, 25 May 2013 06:18:44 GMT
Did you try using MultipleOutputs Class.

Sent from Windows Mail

From: Sanjay Subramanian
Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎24‎ ‎May‎ ‎2013 ‎11‎:‎13‎ ‎PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Hey guys

Is there a way to dynamically change the input dir and outputdir

I have the following CONSTANT directories in HDFS
/path/to/input/9999-99-99 (empty directory )
/path/to/output/9999-99-99 (empty directory)

A new directory with yesterdays date like /path/to/input/2013-05-23 gets created every day

I set the job params

mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.inputdir=/path/to/input/9999-99-99

mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.outputdir=/path/to/output/9999-99-99

But in my Mapper I thought I can sneak in this code….But it does not work ?

    protected void setup(Context context)

            throws IOException,

                   InterruptedException{

org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration hadoopConf = ((JobContext)context).getConfiguration();

String inputDir = hadoopConf.get("mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.inputdir");

String outputDir = hadoopConf.get("mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.outputdir");

String yesterdaysDate =DateUtils.getDayYYYYMMDD("-", -1);

String inputDirUseThis = inputDir.replaceAll("9999-99-99", yesterdaysDate);

String outputDirUseThis = inputDir.replaceAll("9999-99-99", yesterdaysDate);

hadoopConf.set("mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.inputdir",inputDirUseThis);

hadoopConf.set("mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.outputdir",outputDirUseThis);

    }

Thanks

sanjay

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE