hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Raj Hadoop <hadoop...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flume Properties File
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 23:19:29 GMT
Hi,
When I am reading all the stuff on internet on Flume, everything is mostly on CDH distribution.
I am aware that Flume is Cloudera's contribution but I am using a strict Apache version in
my research work. When I was reading all this, I want to make sure from the forum that Apache
flume if had any issues with install etc.,

So that is the reason why I had to sent it to the dist lists. My intention is not to get a
silver platter. I am not expecting that. Anyways - sorry for inconvenience.

Thanks,
Raj

________________________________
 From: Stephen Sprague <spragues@gmail.com>
To: user@hive.apache.org; Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2013 6:32 PM
Subject: Re: Apache Flume Properties File

so you spammed three big lists there, eh? with a general question for somebody to serve up
a solution on a silver platter for you -- all before you even read any documentation on the
subject matter?

nice job and good luck to you.

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

>I just installed Apache Flume 1.3.1 and trying to run a small example to test. Can any
one suggest me how can I do this? I am going through the documentation right now.