hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Raj Hadoop <hadoop...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 18:04:48 GMT
yes thats what i meant. local physical directory. thanks.

________________________________
From: bharath vissapragada <bharathvissapragada1990@gmail.com>
To: user@hive.apache.org; Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com>
Cc: User <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory

Hi,

If by "local physical directory" you mean a directory in the underlying OS file system, then
No. You just need to create a directory in HDFS and ad it to that xml config file.

Thanks,

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com> wrote:

Ok.I got it. My questions -

>1) Should a local physical directory be created before using this property?
>2) Should a HDFS file directory be created from Hadoop before using this property?

by default. (External tables can go elsewhere). It doesn't really have anything to do with
the metastore.

>dean
>

>On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>Can some one help me on this ? I am stuck installing and configuring Hive with Oracle.
Your timely help is really aprreciated.

under Hadoop fs.default.name. Please advise whether I need to create any directory for the
variable hive.metastore.warehouse.dir