hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best format to use
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 16:56:57 GMT
there is another important point to look as well

what kind of queries are you planning to run? there are different types of
formats which suit to different needs.
like when you are doing something related to couple of columns only then
you may choose RCFile  (newer ORCFile Format)
when you got to read few records together then may be sequence files are
useful

there are others as wel

--
Nitin Pawar