hadoop-user mailing list archives

From jeremy p <athomewithagroove...@gmail.com>
Subject When copying a file to HDFS, how to control what nodes that file will reside on?
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 20:49:07 GMT
Hey all,

I'm dealing with kind of a bizarre use case where I need to make sure that
File A is local to Machine A, File B is local to Machine B, etc.  When
copying a file to HDFS, is there a way to control which machines that file
will reside on?  I know that any given file will be replicated across three
machines, but I need to be able to say "File A will DEFINITELY exist on
Machine A".  I don't really care about the other two machines -- they could
be any machines on my cluster.

Thank you.