hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Chris Embree <cemb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Linux io scheduler
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 18:24:00 GMT
I assume your talking about the I/O scheduler.  Based on normal advice,
only change this if you have a "smart" device between the OS and the
Drives.  A SATA controller usually qualifies.  I have our DataNodes to to
NOOP to reduce the number of layers.

As always your mileage may vary and you should do some testing on your own.