hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hokamp <chris.hok...@gmail.com>
Subject Mapper always hangs at the same spot
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2013 15:15:52 GMT
Hello,

We have a job where all mappers finish except for one, which always hangs
at the same spot (i.e. reaches 49%, then never progresses).

This is likely due to a bug in the wiki parser in our Pig UDF. We can
afford to lose the data this mapper is working on if it would allow the job
to finish. Question: is there a hadoop configuration parameter similar to
mapred.skip.map.max.skip.records that would let us skip a map that doesn't
progress after X amount of time? Any other possible workarounds for this
case would also be useful.

We are currently using hadoop 1.1.0 and Pig 0.10.1.

Thanks,
Chris